How to Restore Backups of High iOS Version to A Lower iOS Version?
You may be told before that backups in high iOS version can’t be restore to a lower iOS version. That’s the reason why we always suggest you to use 3uTools customized backup function to backup your iDevice.
This tutorial aims to teach you another method to restore backups of high iOS version to a lower iOS version using 3uTools. Just follow the steps below.
Note: You're able to restore iPhone's backups between iOS 10.x, but you can't restore them from iOS 10 to iOS 9.
* Open the backup file of your iPhone, find a file named Info.plist.
* Open Info.plist with the notepad of your PC.
Now, let’s take iOS 11 backup file as an example.
* Press Control + F to search the iOS version of your iDevice. For instance, here we change 10.3.3 into 10.3.2.
* Press Control + F to search the firmware version. For instance, here we change 14G60 into 14F89.
Remember to save your modifications. And then you’re able to restore the modified backups to your iDevice. And all data will be saved.
- “iDevice is Connected, But Can’t be Recognized” While Using 3uTools? How to Solve the Frequent Operational Failure of 3uTools on Computer? How to Fix Cannot Import Photos to the Camera Roll? What's Firmware Cache? How to Download and Set Ringtone Using 3uTools? 3uTools Frequently Prompts “Connection Timeout”? How to Back up and Restore in 3uTools? Failed to Export Photos Using 3uTools?